A faith base Organization Sisters of Jannah (SOJ) has disbursed items worth N2.5 million to Vulnerable Women in the country as part of her this year’s Zakat programme.
Handing over the equipments which include Deep freezers to the beneficiaries, the National President SOJ, Hajia Ramatu Aliyu explained that the beneficiaries who were adjudged indigent by the committee, including widows, and the needy who were qualified to receive Zakat, saying that the disbursement was the 16th of its kind.
Hajia Ramatu Aliyu also urged Muslims to cultivate the habit of giving, as enjoined on them by the Holy Quran.
While Emphasizing the importance of Zakat, The National Ameerat Sisters of Jannah Hajia Ramatu Aliyu enjoined Muslims to always pay their Zakat regularly, stressing that as the third pillar of Islam Zakat was part of the religious responsibility of SOJ.
The Zakat and Endowment Committee of the SOJ call on the beneficiaries to make the best use of the items.
According to her, SOJ as an Organization has put in place monitoring measures to ensure that the beneficiaries make judicious use on their items.
The beneficiaries includes Mrs Sheriffa Oyindamola from Lokoja, Kafaraya Bello from Kaduna and Abubakr Aminat from Ibadan Zone Fatima Olanike Rasaq Zone: Kaduna Capital for business.
2. Aminat Kas Yaya Zone: MinnaDeep Freezer.
3. Adebesin Zakariyah SekinahZone: AbeokutaProvision and Food Stuff.
4. Fatima Oluwadamilola Sanusi Zone: IbadanEquipments and materials for her business.
5. Abubakar AminatZone: IbadanFood stuff Business.
6. Rafiat AmudaIlorinMaterials for sewing.
7. Maryam UthmanZone: KatsinaDeep freezer.
8. Mamman Falilat AdefunkeZone: Suleja, NigerPOS Biz and Soft drinks with snacks
9. Kafaya BelloZone: KebbiFreezer
10. Kafaya OjulariZone: Kaduna. thanked the SOJ for coming to their aid, noting that the money and the gift given to them will go along to alleviate their suffering.