Man City Defeats Everton To Reach FA Cup Semi-final

Manchester City continued their quest for an unprecedented quadruple of titles with a 2-0 win over Everton at Goodison Park to qualify for the semi-final of the FA Cup.
The Citizens waited until the 84th minute to break the deadlock through Ilkay Gundogan’s 12th goal of the year before De Bruyne finished off the Toffees who continue to seek a first trophy since 1995.

Pep Guardiola rotated heavily again with six changes from the mid-week game in Europe, giving Zack Steffen his 10th appearance of the season between the sticks and returning Raheem Sterling to captain the side.
Man City enjoyed over 80 percent possession in the first half, but were restricted to Sterling’s pot shot gathered by Joao Virginia, while Yeri Mina had a header cleared off the line by Oleksandr Zinchenko before the break.
The game livened up in the second period and Richarlison squandered a glorious opportunity, blazing Mina’s knockdown wide. City responded through Sterling but the England international was denied by Virginia’s fingertip save, while Rhiyad Mahrez narrowly missed minutes after coming on for Bernardo Silva.

The Etihad boys finally found the breakthrough six minutes from time with Gundogan nodding in the rebound after Virginia tipped Aymeric Laporte’s shot onto the bar.
Substitute, Kevin De Bruyne, added gloss on the stroke of 90 minutes, racing clear before slotting into the roof of the net to confirm City’s passage into the last four of football’s oldest competition.
Man City would find out their opponents on Sunday.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: