Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Login
Summit Post News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
Summit Post
No Result
View All Result
Home News

US-Iran Crisis: Trump Suspends Strikes, Says Agreement Taking Shape

News Desk by News Desk
August 2, 2026
in News
0
US-Iran Crisis: Trump Suspends Strikes, Says Agreement Taking Shape

U.S. President Donald Trump has announced that he has called off planned military strikes against Iran, claiming that Tehran has accepted the terms for a new agreement.

‎

‎Trump said the decision followed appeals from Iran and other countries in the Middle East urging him to delay the attack.

ADVERTISEMENT

‎

‎“Based on the request, I have agreed, for the future benefit of the world and, likewise, the survival of a prosperous Iran, to cancel the attack, subject to being able to rapidly make a DEAL,” Trump said in a statement issued on Sunday.

‎

‎The president added that the move would depend on how quickly the proposed agreement could be concluded, noting that Israel had also joined the commitment.

‎

‎“Get to work, everybody, and get it done,” he said.

‎

‎Trump claimed that the planned strikes would have been carried out with a level of military force and destruction “not seen since World War II.” He said the proposed deal would result in the full reopening of the Strait of Hormuz and eliminate concerns over Iran’s nuclear programme.

‎

‎The suspension comes amid escalating tensions between Washington and Tehran, particularly over the Strait of Hormuz, a key global energy route whose disruption has affected international markets.

‎

‎Reports had earlier suggested that the U.S. and Israel were considering launching fresh and more intense attacks against Iran.

‎

‎Trump’s latest announcement follows previous occasions where he issued strong warnings against adversaries but later indicated that diplomatic options remained possible.

‎

‎Meanwhile, Iranian officials had warned of retaliation if the U.S. targeted critical energy facilities amid ongoing military operations in the region.

‎

‎Major General Ali Abdollahi, head of Iran’s wartime military command, accused Washington of pushing the region towards a wider conflict and warned countries supporting the U.S. against Iran.

‎

‎“The United States is moving at an accelerating pace to fan the flames of a full-scale regional war,” Abdollahi said, adding that nations aligned with America should reconsider their cooperation.

News Desk

News Desk

About us

  • Home
    • Blog
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
    • Education News
  • Business
  • Africa
    • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

SUMMIT POST NEWS (www.summitpostnews.com) is an Online news medium, powered by Highland Media Ltd. We publish a wide range of content, including Politics, Business, Sports and Entertainment on and about Nigeria, Africa and beyond. Follow us on social media for all the latest news and analysis. Contact us: WhatsApp & Calls ‪+234-803-209-6072‬, ‪+234-705-252-6124‬: Email: summitpostnigeria@gmail.com

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Africa
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In