Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Login
Summit Post News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
Summit Post
No Result
View All Result
Home News

FCTA to Remodel Life Camp Recreation Park – Wike

News Desk by News Desk
August 3, 2026
in News
0
FCTA to Remodel Life Camp Recreation Park – Wike

Minister of Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Nyesome Wike, says the FCT Administration, FCTA, has concluded plans to remodel the Life Camp Recreation Park, at the roundabout close to the minister’s official residence, to global standard befitting a nation’s capital.

He disclosed this when he visited the site on Monday, after meeting with the First Lady, Sen. Oluremi Tinubu in Abuja.

He said that the decision followed a certificate of commendation presented to the FCTA by the first lady for keying into the Green Nigeria Challenge under her Renewed Hope Initiative (RHI).

ADVERTISEMENT

He added that the commendation followed the administration’s vigorous commitment to turning green areas to recreational centres, thereby making the environment green.

He noted that “you know what happened at the Abuja City Gate, which was her initiative by making sure that the city gate is transformed into what other city gates look like all over the world.

“The remodeled gate was inaugurated on July 9, and today, it has become a site attraction, a recreation centre, with people going there day and night.”

The minister explained that the green award motivated the administration to do more to showcase the level of seriousness.

“I made a promise that we are going to turn around the recreation site at Life Camp, which had been abandoned.

“I have come here today to see what we’re missing. So unfortunate that governments have come, governments have gone, but nobody has thought about this place.

“That’s why we’re here. I’ve seen it. I’m well impressed and the topography is good enough. I will give it to the best company.

“Even though Julius Berger will come, we will also bring one or two other companies to give us an alternative design so that we can compare,” he said.

The minister commended the first lady for filling the gap and reminding the government of recreational locations where people would leave their homes, communities and go there to relax.

“So, what we intend to do here now is to bring it back and give it modern facilities.

“This will enable people who live within this area to come here and carry out their daily sporting activities, friction, lives, relax, take pictures, and do other things like the way it is done in well-advanced countries,” he said.

He said that he had directed the acting Executive Secretary of Federal Capital Development Authority to invite Julius Berger and other companies to bring proposals on how to turn the place into a recreational area befitting Nigeria’s capital city.

He announced that the project would be executed under emergency conditions so that it would be delivered within the next one year.

News Desk

News Desk

About us

  • Home
    • Blog
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
    • Education News
  • Business
  • Africa
    • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

SUMMIT POST NEWS (www.summitpostnews.com) is an Online news medium, powered by Highland Media Ltd. We publish a wide range of content, including Politics, Business, Sports and Entertainment on and about Nigeria, Africa and beyond. Follow us on social media for all the latest news and analysis. Contact us: WhatsApp & Calls ‪+234-803-209-6072‬, ‪+234-705-252-6124‬: Email: summitpostnigeria@gmail.com

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Africa
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In