Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Login
Summit Post News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
Summit Post
No Result
View All Result
Home Health

1.5 Million Children Receive Measles, Rubella Vaccination in Enugu

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
February 12, 2026
in Health
0
1.5 Million Children Receive Measles, Rubella Vaccination in Enugu

The Enugu government says over 1.5 million children have so far received vaccination against measles and rubella within a week in the ongoing statewide immunisation against the diseases.

Ifeyinwa Ani-Ocheku, executive secretary of the Enugu State Primary Health Care Development Agency, disclosed this during the flag-off of the integrated measles-rubella vaccination campaign held at the Michael Okpara Square on Wednesday.

Ms Ani-Ocheku added that the number represented about 68 per cent of Enugu’s target population of 2.2 million children, describing the figure as unprecedented and the state’s commitment to achieving zero cases of the disease.

ADVERTISEMENT

She also described the exercise as a “historic and deliberate” move to protect Enugu’s future. According to her, health workers embarked on aggressive community mobilisation, moving from house to house, schools, churches and mosques to ensure that no child was left out.

She said that no serious adverse effects had been recorded since the exercise began.

Ms Ani-Ocheku explained that measles incubates for 10 to 14 days, and can cause blindness, deafness, brain swelling and even death, while rubella, incubating for 14 to 21 days, poses serious risks including congenital disabilities in unborn children.

Ms Ani-Ocheku commended Governor Peter Mbah for his administration’s reforms in the health sector, including the transformation of primary healthcare departments into functional Local Government Health Authorities and the timely release of counterpart funding.

Flagging off the exercise earlier, Mr Mbah described the vaccination campaign as a “sacred obligation” of the government.

The governor stressed that health remained a central pillar of his administration’s economic strategy. He highlighted key reforms carried out by the government, including granting local government health authorities autonomy to remove bottlenecks in service delivery and sanitising primary healthcare payroll systems.

According to him, the reforms include revitalising health training institutions and ensuring access to Basic Health Care Provision Funds.

He urged parents and caregivers to take advantage of the remaining days of the campaign to close the immunity gap by ensuring their children aged 9 months to 14 years receive the vaccines.

The vaccination, which began on February 3, will end on February 15.

(NAN)

Tags: MeaslesRubella Vaccination
Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

About us

  • Home
    • Blog
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
    • Education News
  • Business
  • Africa
    • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

SUMMIT POST NEWS (www.summitpostnews.com) is an Online news medium, powered by Highland Media Ltd. We publish a wide range of content, including Politics, Business, Sports and Entertainment on and about Nigeria, Africa and beyond. Follow us on social media for all the latest news and analysis. Contact us: WhatsApp & Calls ‪+234-803-209-6072‬, ‪+234-705-252-6124‬: Email: summitpostnigeria@gmail.com

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Africa
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In