Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
Summit Post News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
Summit Post
No Result
View All Result
Home News

FCT Residents Lament Worsening Power Supply

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
February 8, 2026
in News
0
FCT Residents Lament Worsening Power Supply

Many residents of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), especially those residing at the satellite towns, have continued to lament the deteriorating power situation being presently witnessed in the country.

Some of the residents who spoke to journalists on Sunday in Abuja said that the development was crumbling their businesses.

They said that in spite of the huge funds invested in the sector, there was no commensurate result, urging the federal government to revisit privatisation of the sector.

ADVERTISEMENT

Augustine Okoro, a civil servant and resident of 30 Estate in Pegi, in Kuje Area Council complained over lack of power in the area.

Mr Okoro said that for almost three days, residents in his area have been in darkness and this was affecting most of them, especially business operators among them.

“Most times, we stay almost three to four days without electricity; this is not good for a country where so much money has been invested into the sector.

“My advice is that the Federal Government should revisit privatisation of the sector as it is not yielding any result,” he said.

A resident of Piwoyi Community along Airport Road, Idris Wada, said that the area had been without electricity for almost four days.

Mr Wada said that lack of stable electricity had affected his business of selling “pure water” and soft drinks.

According to him, most business owners in the area depend on generators to run their businesses and he does not have the money to buy one.

“I have not been able to continue with my business because of lack of power supply to my area and this is seriously affecting my business.

“In spite of the huge amount voted for electricity supply in the country, we are still not getting power supply.

“Government should try and do something about the situation,’’ he said.

A welder, Okon Edem, also residing in Piwoyi community, said that lack of electricity had been affecting his welding work, saying he bought diesel daily for his generator to enable him work.

He said he woke up in the middle of the night whenever there was electricity to carry out some work in order to meet up with his customers demands.

“I am appealing to the government to do all it takes to ensure that power supply in the country improves,’’ he said.

Ann Okotie, a resident of Biazhin Area, in Kubwa said that power supply in her area had been very epileptic and this had affected her cold room business.

According to her, power is supplied to her area for about eight hours uninterrupted, but presently, we don’t receive the hours of electricity we used to get, and it does not come every day.

A resident of Kubwa village, Elizabeth Okunsun, lamented that for almost a week, her area had remained without power supply.

According to her, even when there is power supply, it does not stay for up to three hours.

“The situation has led to the collapse of businesses and revenue from small scale businesses. I appeal to the government to look into the power situation if possible revisit the privatisation of the sector to address the challenges in the sector,’’ she said.

A resident of Dawaki community and business owner, Moses Aligbe, also appealed to the government to address the root causes of the epileptic power supply.

“Government should do something about the situation to save us from losing our sources of income.’’he said.

Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC) attributed the low supply of electricity to limited energy supply from the grid.

The AEDC had in a public notice on its official X handle on Friday said; “ Dear Valued Customers, We are keenly aware of the current low power supply and outages being experienced by customers across our franchise areas.

“We strive to maintain a steady flow of energy, however, several locations are currently facing significant disruptions as a result of limited energy supply from the grid.

“Our technical team is closely monitoring the situation in real-time and remains fully committed to restoring normal service at the earliest possible time as soon as our grid allocation improves, ‘’ it said.

The company also apologized to Nigerians for the inconvenience the poor power supply has caused to customers’ homes and businesses.

It appreciated Nigerians for their continued patience and understanding as it navigate these constraints.

(NAN)

Tags: FCTPower Supply
Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

About us

  • Home
    • Blog
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
    • Education News
  • Business
  • Africa
    • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

SUMMIT POST NEWS (www.summitpostnews.com) is an Online news medium, powered by Highland Media Ltd. We publish a wide range of content, including Politics, Business, Sports and Entertainment on and about Nigeria, Africa and beyond. Follow us on social media for all the latest news and analysis. Contact us: WhatsApp & Calls ‪+234-803-209-6072‬, ‪+234-705-252-6124‬: Email: summitpostnigeria@gmail.com

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Africa
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In