Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
Summit Post News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
Summit Post
No Result
View All Result
Home News

FHA Unveils N8 Billion Shopping Mall to Create 500 Jobs, Reduce Poverty

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
February 18, 2026
in News
0
FHA Unveils N8 Billion Shopping Mall to Create 500 Jobs, Reduce Poverty

The Federal Housing Authority (FHA) has inaugurated a four‑storey, N8 billion mall to boost employment and business in Abuja.

The managing director of FHA, Oyetunde Ojo, during the inauguration on Tuesday in Abuja, said the mall is a four-floor suspended structure comprising 59 shopping spaces and a penthouse, fully serviced with modern amenities.

He noted that the project had been abandoned but was revived following President Bola Tinubu’s directive to complete stalled projects.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The mall is the tallest within the FHA estates, and it is expected to generate employment for about 500 people, thereby contributing to poverty reduction and economic expansion.

“This goes beyond the provision of affordable and livable houses to include facilities that create a conducive business environment for Nigerians living and doing business in our estates,” he said.

Mr Ojo noted that the project was delivered through a public-private partnership arrangement, adding that no direct government funds were used.

“We provided the land, our partners built, and individuals invested by buying into the project. In terms of value, the project is worth between N6 billion and N8 billion,” he said.

Mr Ojo said the authority planned to replicate similar commercial facilities across all FHA estates nationwide.

He also disclosed that another complex had been developed from the old FHA site office in Lugbe to improve staff working conditions and generate additional revenue for the Authority, including office space for the FHA Mortgage Bank.

The Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), George Akume, while inaugurating the mall, commended the FHA for transforming into a performing agency focused on its core mandate of housing delivery.

“It is pleasing to note that the FHA is now poised to meet its responsibilities. The resolve we are witnessing is what Nigeria needs to overcome its challenges,” Mr Akume said.

He added that the federal government was creating an enabling environment to support economic growth, improve security, and reduce the cost of living.

The SGF reaffirmed that housing remains a top priority of the Tinubu administration, noting that the creation of the Ministry of Housing and Urban Development is aimed at addressing Nigeria’s housing deficit.

Mr Akume assured the FHA of continued government support and urged the authority to replicate such amenities across the country for the benefit of Nigerians.

(NAN)

Tags: FHAjobs
Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

About us

  • Home
    • Blog
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
    • Education News
  • Business
  • Africa
    • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

SUMMIT POST NEWS (www.summitpostnews.com) is an Online news medium, powered by Highland Media Ltd. We publish a wide range of content, including Politics, Business, Sports and Entertainment on and about Nigeria, Africa and beyond. Follow us on social media for all the latest news and analysis. Contact us: WhatsApp & Calls ‪+234-803-209-6072‬, ‪+234-705-252-6124‬: Email: summitpostnigeria@gmail.com

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Africa
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In