Thursday, February 19, 2026
  • Login
Summit Post News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
Summit Post
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Labour Party to Begin Nationwide Congresses in March – Gov. Otti

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
February 2, 2026
in Politics
0
Labour Party to Begin Nationwide Congresses in March – Gov. Otti

The Labour Party will commence nationwide congresses from March as part of efforts to strengthen its internal structures and reposition it ahead of future elections.

The party’s leader, Governor Alex Otti, made this known while addressing key stakeholders, including members of the party’s Board of Trustees, the National Working Committee (NWC), and leaders of organised labour on Sunday in Abuja.

Mr Otti, the governor of Abia, described the engagement as successful, noting that discussions focused on the organisation of congresses from the ward level to the national convention, the validation of party membership, and the registration of new members.

ADVERTISEMENT

He said a committee had been set up to oversee the membership validation process while preparations were underway for a national convention that would pave the way for the party’s progress.

Mr Otti also expressed happiness over the uploading of the names of the party’s NWC leaders on the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) website.

Addressing recent internal challenges, Mr Otti acknowledged the exit of the party’s former presidential candidate, Peter Obi, and the defection of some National Assembly members and interim national committee officials.

While expressing regret over the development, he said the Labour Party remained strong and committed to resolving its internal issues.

According to him, a reconciliation committee will be constituted to engage aggrieved members who are willing to return and abide by the party’s rules.

Mr Otti said he had personally appealed to Julius Abure and his team to sheathe their swords and rejoin the party in the interest of unity.

He also disclosed that the party might not participate in the forthcoming Federal Capital Territory (FCT) area council elections due to time constraints but assured that the party would participate actively in subsequent elections.

On Mr Obi’s decision to join the African Democratic Congress (ADC), the governor said the Labour Party wished him well.

Speaking on whether the party was considering joining a coalition, Mr Otti described the Labour Party as a coalition already and said it has no plan to join any other coalition.

The Abuja Division of the Federal High Court had, in its recent judgement, given recognition to the Nenadi Usman-led interim leadership as the legitimate leadership of the party.

Following the court verdict, INEC uploaded the names of Ms Usman and her team on its portal, with the note: “By order of court.”

(NAN)

Tags: Labour PartyOtti
Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

About us

  • Home
    • Blog
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
    • Education News
  • Business
  • Africa
    • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

SUMMIT POST NEWS (www.summitpostnews.com) is an Online news medium, powered by Highland Media Ltd. We publish a wide range of content, including Politics, Business, Sports and Entertainment on and about Nigeria, Africa and beyond. Follow us on social media for all the latest news and analysis. Contact us: WhatsApp & Calls ‪+234-803-209-6072‬, ‪+234-705-252-6124‬: Email: summitpostnigeria@gmail.com

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Africa
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In