Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
Summit Post News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
Summit Post
No Result
View All Result
Home Health

Lassa Fever: Bauchi Govt Confirms 11 Cases, Four Deaths

Nathaniel Irobi by Nathaniel Irobi
February 17, 2026
in Health
0
Lassa Fever: Bauchi Govt Confirms 11 Cases, Four Deaths

 

The Benue government says the state has recorded 11 confirmed cases of lassa fever and four deaths.

Paul Ogwuche, the state’s commissioner for health and human services, disclosed this to journalists in Makurdi on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Oguwche said that over 60 suspected cases of the virus were reported in the state so far.

He said that the government was doing all it could to ensure that the virus did not spread beyond control.

He said that the government had on February 3, declared the outbreak of the virus in the state.

“Lassa fever update from our dashboard shows that we have 68 suspected cases, 11 confirmed, three on admission. Out of the 11 cases four died and four are health workers,” he said.

He urged the public to always observe basic hygiene habits and live in a clean environment.

On the state of the general hospitals in the state, Mr Ogwuche said that they were manned by qualified doctors but regretted that the state was yet to attain the recommended ratio of the number of patients per doctor.

“Since this administration came on board, a lot of positive changes have being made, especially in terms of manpower development in our health facilities.

“The Teaching Hospital has undergone a lot of transformation accompanied by massive recruitment of workers. Also in our primary Health care facilities, recruitments have been done and its still ongoing.

“The Cancer Centre is ongoing but if you look at the details of how these things work to ordinary person, it looks stalled. I have taken a tour of the hospital and seen where they are.

“The building need to be customised to the equipment that are coming. So it is beyond what you are seeing. These equipment need to be ordered. It will take months to be delivered but I assure you that the project is dear to the governor.

“The wife of the President, Sen. Remi Tinubu is also interested in it. It is at her instance that the cancer center is coming.

“Having a cancer center close to us will do us a lot of good with what people are passing through with cancer,” he said.

Mr Oguwche also urged the public to avoid overcrowded and poorly ventilated environments in order to guard against meningitis.

He said that the government was currently carrying out massive public health enlightenment on meningitis and lassa fever outbreak in the state.

“We have sent some people to the communities and churches. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) came from Abuja to support us.

“They were in churches yesterday to speak to some congregation on what they can do to avoid contacting these contagious diseases,” he said.

(NAN)

Tags: Bauchilassa fever
Nathaniel Irobi

Nathaniel Irobi

About us

  • Home
    • Blog
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
    • Education News
  • Business
  • Africa
    • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

SUMMIT POST NEWS (www.summitpostnews.com) is an Online news medium, powered by Highland Media Ltd. We publish a wide range of content, including Politics, Business, Sports and Entertainment on and about Nigeria, Africa and beyond. Follow us on social media for all the latest news and analysis. Contact us: WhatsApp & Calls ‪+234-803-209-6072‬, ‪+234-705-252-6124‬: Email: summitpostnigeria@gmail.com

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Africa
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In