Thursday, August 20, 2026
  • Login
Summit Post News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
Summit Post
No Result
View All Result
Home News

Nigerian Govt Approves Reconstruction of 10 Bridges in Every State

News Desk by News Desk
August 10, 2026
in News
0
Nigerian Govt Approves Reconstruction of 10 Bridges in Every State

The Federal Government has reconstructed more than 10 bridges in each state of the federation in the past three years.

The government has also rehabilitated over 260 emergency projects nationwide at a total cost of over N250 billion.

The Minister of Works, Sen. Dave Umahi, made the disclosure on Sunday at a stakeholder engagement and flag-off of some road projects in Lagos.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Umahi said that the 260 projects had been completed.

“Let me also say that, under President Bola Tinubu, for the first time, we exposed all the ongoing projects to the ICPC to go around, check procurement, check execution, and give us queries where we have erred, and we will take corrections.

“We have also written to the EFCC to follow suit.

” It shows transparency, it shows commitment, it shows accountability, it shows who President Bola is,” he said.

On Eko Bridge in Lagos State which the government flagged off repair works on, Umahi said that the bridge was in a terrible situation.

“To close the entire section will bring a very devastating situation for our people in Lagos.

“That is why we closed that carriageway – half of it – and we are monitoring the crack on daily basis,” he said.

Mr Umahi said the crack was not increasing, adding that in the remedial work, about seven piles would be reinstalled, the crack section of the pile cap bypassed, and a new pile cap installed.

“That will last for the next 15 to 20 years, and the permanent one is being designed both with our structural engineers and some experts that we consulted outside the country.

“It is going to require taking off, jacking off the entire spans that are affected.

“Then, we place it on a batch and do demolition of the entire pile caps that are affected and install brand new pile caps and pier and then bring back the slab on it,” he said.

On the newly-inagurated 40 guards for protecting the Lagos-Calabar Coastal Highway, Umahi said that the guards were for a serious job.

He emphasised that the guards’ duties included eliminating hawking, loitering, commercial motorcycling and refuse dumping from the highway.

Umahi called on the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps to protect highways against illegal parking and other forms of abuse.

“Their primary responsibility is to maintain strategic infrastructure.

“They have to see that parking on our highways, on our roads should be stopped.

“They need to see that their primary responsibility of maintaining our strategic infrastructure is implemented; so, we have to involve them here,” he said.

News Desk

News Desk

About us

  • Home
    • Blog
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
    • Education News
  • Business
  • Africa
    • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

SUMMIT POST NEWS (www.summitpostnews.com) is an Online news medium, powered by Highland Media Ltd. We publish a wide range of content, including Politics, Business, Sports and Entertainment on and about Nigeria, Africa and beyond. Follow us on social media for all the latest news and analysis. Contact us: WhatsApp & Calls ‪+234-803-209-6072‬, ‪+234-705-252-6124‬: Email: summitpostnigeria@gmail.com

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Africa
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In