Friday, August 21, 2026
  • Login
Summit Post News
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
No Result
View All Result
Summit Post
No Result
View All Result
Home News

OSOPADEC Commends Security Agencies for Maintaining Peace in Ondo

News Desk by News Desk
August 2, 2026
in News
0
OSOPADEC Commends Security Agencies for Maintaining Peace in Ondo

The Chairman of the Ondo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (OSOPADEC), Biyi Poroye, has praised security agencies for their efforts in ensuring peace and stability across the state.

‎

‎Mr Poroye attributed the improved security situation in Ondo to the cooperation between security operatives, the state government, and community leaders.

ADVERTISEMENT

‎

‎He made the remarks on Saturday in Akure while addressing journalists during a dinner organised in honour of security chiefs in the state. He said the gathering was aimed at appreciating their dedication and contributions towards maintaining law and order.

‎

‎According to him, residents of Ondo State recognise the sacrifices of security personnel and believe that such appreciation should be a continuous practice rather than a one-time gesture.

‎

‎He noted that coastal communities in the state, which previously faced security concerns, are now among the most peaceful areas in the region. He added that the improved security environment has helped boost confidence among investors.

‎

‎The OSOPADEC chairman explained that the state government has strengthened conventional security measures by partnering with private security firms to support the work of federal security agencies.

‎

‎Mr Poroye highlighted the recent kidnapping incident in Irele Local Government Area of Ondo South Senatorial District, saying the quick response of security personnel led to the rescue of the victims.

‎

‎He said the incident reflected the level of coordination among security agencies, adding that communities within OSOPADEC’s operational areas have not experienced similar security challenges.

‎

‎He further revealed that Governor Lucky Aiyedatiwa has approved the installation of Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras at major public projects, including the Obe Nla Walkway and areas covered by street-lighting projects, as part of efforts to improve security surveillance.

‎

‎However, Poroye identified coastal erosion and sea incursion as major challenges affecting communities in the southern part of the state, including Ayetoro, Awoye, Abereke, and Ajapa.

‎

‎He said the government is working with donor organisations and international partners to find lasting solutions to the environmental challenges.

‎

‎According to him, both federal and state authorities remain committed to addressing the impact of sea incursion on affected communities.

‎

‎He added that OSOPADEC is also expanding its security partnerships by engaging more private security companies to complement the efforts of conventional security agencies, especially due to the difficult terrain of the coastal areas.

News Desk

News Desk

About us

  • Home
    • Blog
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
    • Privacy Policy
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
    • Education News
  • Business
  • Africa
    • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

SUMMIT POST NEWS (www.summitpostnews.com) is an Online news medium, powered by Highland Media Ltd. We publish a wide range of content, including Politics, Business, Sports and Entertainment on and about Nigeria, Africa and beyond. Follow us on social media for all the latest news and analysis. Contact us: WhatsApp & Calls ‪+234-803-209-6072‬, ‪+234-705-252-6124‬: Email: summitpostnigeria@gmail.com

  • Home
  • Privacy Policy
  • About us
  • Checkout
  • Contact us
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Home
  • About us
  • Contact us
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Africa
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion
  • Sports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Energy Reports
  • Entertainment
  • Diplomatic News
  • Afro News
  • World
  • Food
  • FCT Watch
  • Health
  • Mobile
  • Fashion
  • Travel
  • Legal Matters
  • Gadget
  • Health & Fitness
  • Aviation Reports
  • World
  • Afro News
  • GUEST COLUMNIST
  • Diplomatic News
  • Energy Reports
  • Lifestyle
  • Opinion/Column
  • Religion
  • International
  • Security & Crime
  • Cookie Policy (EU)
  • Contact us
  • About us
  • FG Issues 3.5 million Passports, Saves ₦1bn Annually Through Reforms
  • North West APC Youth League Disowns Kebbi ‘Coalition’, Reaffirms Support for Bagudu

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • News
  • Politics
  • Sports
  • Africa
  • Opinion/Column
  • Business & Economy
  • Editorials
  • Business
  • Security & Crime
  • Religion

© 2025 Summitpost - Summit Post News - more than just news

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In